Search the Catalog
The Viking in the wheat field : a scientist's struggle to preserve the world's harvestLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator Susan Dworkin
- Format Books
- Publication First U.S. edition. New York : Walker & Co., 2009.
- 239 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- ISBNs 0802717403, 9780802717405, 9780802778109, 0802778100
- OCLC ocn317928915
- Documents the efforts of Bent Skovmand and his fellow scientists to identify seed varieties that would prove resistant to a dangerous form of stem rust that threatened the world's wheat, an endeavor challenged by environmental hazards.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The expedition to America -- The heirs of Borlaug -- The marriage of wheat and rye -- Where the wheat begins -- Save everything! -- The proactive gene bank -- The slippery seeds of Tibet -- An array of tools -- Hamlet and Mercutio -- Dracula -- The pea under the princess
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.