Search the Catalog
Empathy and rage : female genital mutilation in African literatureLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator editors, Tobe Levin and Augustine H. Asaah
- Format Books
- Publication Banbury : Ayebia Clarke Pub. ; Accra, Ghana : Co-published with the Centre for Intellectual Renewal ; Boulder, CO : Distributed outside Africa, Europe and the United Kingdom exclusively by Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2009.
- xxi, 217 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- ISBNs 9780955507946, 0955507944
- OCLC ocn301894529
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Painting: Defiance of pain I / Godfrey Williams-Okorodus -- Scene from life, female circumcision / Chris Leche -- Assaults on female genitalia: activists, authors and the arts / Tobe Levin -- Empathizers. From women's rite to human rights Issue: literary explorations of female genital excision since facing Mount Kenya (1938) / Elisabeth Bekers ; Oppositional approaches to female genital mutilation (FGM) in African literature / Stephen Bishop ; Going home again: diaspora, female genital mutilation (FGM) and kingship in warrior marks / Tameka L. Cage ; 'Mother' as a verb: the erotic, Audre Lorde and female genital mutilation (FGM) / Jennifer Browdy de Hernandez
- Enraged. Female genital mutilation (FGM): ambivalence, indictment and commitment in Sub-Saharan African fiction / Augustine H. Asaah ; The anti-female genital mutilation (FGM) novel in public education: an example from Ghana / Anne V. Adams ; What's wrong with Mariam? Gloria Naylor's infibulated Jew / Tobe Levin ; Somali womanhood: a re-visioning / Marianne Sarkis -- Engaged. Excision and African literature: an activist annotated bibliographical excursion / Pierrette Herzberger-Fofana ; Who's afraid of female sexuality? / Muthoni Mathai ; Triinen im sand /Desert tears (excerpts) / Nura Abdi and Leo G. Linder
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.