Search the Catalog
Sound, society and the geography of popular musicLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator edited by Ola Johansson, Thomas L. Bell
- Format Books
- Publication Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate,  ©2009
- xiv, 305 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- ISBNs 9780754675778, 0754675777, 9780754698753, 0754698750
- OCLC ocn421146877
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Geographies of John and Yoko's 1969 campaign for peace : an intersection of celebrity, space, art, and activism / Robert J. Kruse -- Scales of resistance : Billy Bragg and the creation of activist spaces / Edward Jackiewicz and James Craine -- Writing on the Graceland wall : on the importance of authorship in pilgrimage landscapes / Derek H. Alderman -- Ambient Australia : music, meditation, and tourist places / John Connell and Chris Gibson -- A lesson of geography, on the Riddim : the symbolic topography of reggae music / Sarah Daynes -- A listener's mental map of California / Kevin Romig -- Musical cartographies : Los ritmos de los barrios de la Habana / John Finn and Chris Lukinbeal -- The city she loves me : the Los Angeles of the Red hot chili peppers / Michael W. Pesses -- The geography of "Canadian shield rock" : locality, nationality and place imagery in the music of the Rheostatics / Olaf Kuhlke -- Internet radio and cultural connections : a case study of the St. John's, Newfoundland radio market / Sara Beth Keough -- Local independent music scenes and the implications of the internet / Holly C. Kruse -- Where are the new US music scenes? / Ola Johansson and Thomas L. Bell -- Hip hop : a postmodern folk music / Steven Graves -- Techno : music and entrepreneurship in post-Fordist Detroit / Deborah Che -- The production of contemporary Christian music : a geographical perspective / John Lindenbaum
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.