Search the Catalog
Food exploitation by social insects : ecological, behavioral, and theoretical approachesLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator edited by Stefan Jarau, Michael Hrncir
- Format Books
- Publication Boca Raton : CRC Press,  ©2009
- 348 pages, 4 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color), map ; 27 cm
- ISBNs 9781420075601, 1420075608
- OCLC ocn312626504
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Measuring the adaptiveness of social insect foraging strategies : an empirical approach / Nigel E. Raine and Lars Chittka -- Social cues and adaptive foraging strategies in ants / Claire Detrain and Jean-Louis Deneubourg -- Individual and social foraging in social wasps / Robert L. Jeanne and Benjamin J. Taylor -- Season-dependent foraging patterns : case study of a neotropical forest-dwelling ant (Pachycondyla striata; Ponerinae) / Flávia N.S. Medeiros and Paulo S. Oliveira -- Foraging range and the spatial distribution of worker bumble bees / Dave Goulson and Juliet L. Osborne -- How to tell your mates : costs and benefits of different recruitment mechanisms / Madeleine Beekman and Audrey Dussutour -- Social information use in foraging insects / Ellouise Leadbeater and Lars Chittka -- Local enhancement, local inhibition, eavesdropping, and the parasitism of social insect communication / E. Judith Slaa and William O.H. Hughes -- The role of scents in honey bee foraging and recruitment / Judith Reinhard and Mandyam V. Srinivasan -- Trophallaxis : a mechanism of information transfer / Walter M. Farina and Christoph Grüter -- Mobilizing the foraging force : mechanical signals in stingless bee recruitment / Michael Hrncir -- Chemical communication during food exploitation in stingless bees / Stefan Jarau -- The use of scent marks by foraging bumble bees / Dave Goulson -- Information transfer and the organization of foraging in grass- and leaf-cutting ants / Flavio Roces and Martin Bollazzi -- An evolutionary simulation of the origin of pheromone communication / Yoshiyuki Nakamichi and Takaya Arita -- Mathematical and neural network models of medium-range navigation during social insect foraging / Allen Cheung -- Social insects and the exploitation of food sources : concluding thoughts / Stefan Jarau and Michael Hrncir
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.