Search the Catalog
Models for an ecosystem approach to fisheriesLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator by Éva E. Plagányi
- Format Books
- Publication Rome : Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2007.
- xiii, 108 pages : illustrations ; 30 cm
- ISBNs 9789251057346, 9251057346
- OCLC ocn182581893
- This report reviews the methods available for assessing the impacts of interactions between species and fisheries and their implications for marine fisheries management. A brief description of the various modelling approaches currently in existence is provided, highlighting in particular features of these models which have general relevance to the field of the ecosystem approach to fisheries (EAF). The report concentrates on the currently available models representative of general types such as bionergetic models, predator-prey models and minimally realistic models.--Publisher's description.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 65-80).
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- Introduction -- Review of current modelling approaches -- Comparison models -- Potential of tools to address multi-species research questions -- Roles for models in operational management procedure development -- Moving models forward : future developments -- Prudent use of the precautionary principle -- Pointers from previous studies and workshops -- Summary of model comparisons and recommendations
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.