Search the Catalog
Economic valuation of river systemsLogin to Save
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
- Stream restoration -- Economic aspects -- Great Lakes Region (North America) -- Case studies.
- Watershed management -- Economic aspects -- Great Lakes Region (North America) -- Case studies.
- Rivers -- Economic aspects -- Great Lakes Region (North America) -- Case studies.
- Sustainable development -- Great Lakes Region (North America) -- Case studies.
- Contingent valuation -- Great Lakes Region (North America) -- Case studies.
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator edited by Fred J. Hitzhusen
- Format Books
- Publication Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar,  ©2007
- xiii, 217 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- ISBNs 9781848446403, 1848446403, 9781845426347, 1845426347
- OCLC ocn156874668
- "The book applies benefit-cost analysis and a wide array of non-market and distribution economic valuation methods in ecologic context to determine the pay-off and distribution impacts of various infrastructure and water quality improvements to eight river systems in the Great Lakes region of the US. The generally positive results have important implications for public policy and future research."--BOOK JACKET.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Related Electronic Resources
- 1. The role of biology and ecological engineering in watershed and river restoration / Timothy C. Granata and Ulrike Zika -- 2. Codification, case studies, and methods for economic analysis of river systems / Fred J. Hitzhusen -- 3. Estimating willingness to pay for additional protection of Ohio surface waters: contingent valuation of water quality / Stephen Irvin, Tim Haab and Fred J. Hitzhusen -- 4. The economics of high-head dam removal in an ecological context: a case study of the Ballville Dam, Fremont, Ohio / Sarah A. Kruse, Timothy C. Granata and Ulrike Zika -- 5. The economics of low-head dam removal: a case study on the Salmon River in Fort Covington, New York / David Warren and Fred J. Hitzhusen -- 6. Economic analysis of infrastructure and water quality improvements in the Muskingum River Corridor / Fred J. Hitzhusen, Radha Ayalasomayajula and Sarah Lowder -- 7. Economic analysis of water quality and recreational benefits of the Hocking River Valley / Allan Sommer and Brent Sohngen -- 8. Effects of pesticide use and farming practices on water treatment costs in Maumee River basin communities / D. Lynn Forster and Chris Murray -- 9. Economic efficiency and distribution evaluation of dredging of toxic sediments and selected dam removal in the Mahoning River / Ashraf Abdul-Mohsen and Fred J. Hitzhusen -- 10. An economic analysis of Lower Great Miami River segment improvements / Radha Ayalasomayajula, P. Wilner Jeanty and Fred J. Hitzhusen -- 11. The Cuyahoga River Valley initiative: framing, codification, and preliminary economic analysis in an urban river corridor / Fred J. Hitzhusen, Sarah A. Kruse, Ashraf Abdul-Mohsen, Joana J. Ferreti-Meza and Marc Hnytka -- 12. Overview, key findings, and approaches including benefit transfer for generalization of research results / Fred J. Hitzhusen and Sarah A. Kruse
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.