Hallmark Hall of Fame Productions ; executive producer, John Houseman ; producers, Robert H. Justman, David W. Rintels ; screenplay, David W. Rintels ; directed by Robert E. Collins
Videos, Slides, Films
Justman, Robert H
Collins, Robert, 1943- direction
Rintels, David W
Fonda, Henry, 1905-1982, cast
Ferrer, José, 1912-1992, cast
Houseman, John, 1902-1988, cast
Wray, Fay, 1907-2004, cast
Jaffe, Sam, 1891-1984, cast
Jagger, Dean, 1903-1991, cast
Lewis, Anthony, 1927-2013
Hallmark Hall of Fame Productions, Inc
Acorn Media (Firm)
Riddle, Pat, 1938-
Full screen version. Silver Spring, MD : Acorn Media, 2007.
- 1 videodisc (104 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- Henry Fonda, José Ferrer, John Houseman, Fay Wray, Sam Jaffe, Dean Jagger
- Cinematography by Donald H. Birnkrant ; editor, Frank Bracht ; music, Joseph Weiss
- True story of Clarence Gideon's fight to be appointed counsel at the expense of the state. This landmark case, Gideon v. Wainwright (1963), led to the Supreme Court's decision which extended this right to all criminal defendants.
- Originally broadcast as a production of Hallmark Hall of Fame on television in 1980.
- Based on the book by Anthony Lewis.
- Special features: Insert with production notes by Anthony Lewis and cast filmographies.
- DVD, Dolby digital.
- In English.
- Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page