Search the Catalog
SubjectsA limited number of items are shown. Click to view More
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator Dave King
- Format Books
- Publication First Back Bay paperback edition. New York : Back Bay, 2006.
- 340 pages ; 21 cm
- ISBNs 0316010715, 9780316010719, 0316156108, 9780316156103
- OCLC ocm65288228
- Howard Kapostash has not spoken in thirty years. The small repertory of gestures and simple sounds that he uses to communicate leads most people to assume he is disturbed, and no one understands that Howard is still the same man he was before a wartime injury. But when he agrees to help an old girlfriend by opening his home to her nine-year-old son, the presence of this nervous, resourceful boy in his life transforms Howard utterly. He is afforded a rare glimpse of life outside his shell--with all its exuberant joys and crushing sorrows.
- Originally published in hardcover by Little, Brown and Company, January 2005.
- Includes reading group guide (8 p.) and suggestions for further reading (4 p.).
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.