Search the Catalog
Publication Details Cite/Export
- Creator edited by Heike Bungert, Cora Lee Kluge, and Robert C. Ostergren
- Format Books
- Publication Madison, WI : Max Kade Institute for German-American Studies, University of Wisconsin--Madison,  ©2006
- xxv, 260 pages : illustrations, facsimiles, maps, plans ; 24 cm
- ISBNs 0924119268, 9780924119262
- OCLC ocm74811157
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- pt. 1. The premigration situation -- 1. "Aus dem Wiedischen Land" : emigration from the Westerwald to Wisconsin / Anke Ortlepp -- 2. Before Cross Plains : the immigrants from the Cologne Bay / Urlich Sänger -- 3. Using archival resources in Germany for research focused on emigration from the Rhineland in the nineteenth century / Ute Langer -- pt. 2. The migration process -- 4. A geographical perspective on nineteenth-century German immigration to Wisconsin / Timothy Bawden -- 5. The Wisconsin Commissioner of Emigration 1852-1855 : an experiment in social and economic engineering and its impact on German immigration to Wisconsin / Johannes Strohschänk and William G. Thiel -- 6. The story of German settlement in the forests and on the prairies of Wisconsin / Scott A. Moranda -- 7. Truthful letters and irresistible wanderlust : the emigration from Rhenish Hesse to Wisconsin / Helmut Schmahl -- pt. 3. The experience with the land in Wisconsin -- 8. "Farm, so heisst in Amerika ein Gut" : land and agriculture in a Westerwald settlement in Wisconsin / Kevin Neuberger -- 9. The borders of the Holyland of east-central Wisconsin / M. Beth Schlemper -- 10. Agriculture in the new world : a comparative analysis of Rhenish Prussians and other immigrant groups in Cross Plains, Wisconsin / Suzanne Townley -- A transcontinental regional perspective on migration : a concluding word / Cora Lee Kluge and Joseph C. Salmons
Library Staff DetailsStaff view
Checking Physical Availability...
Just a moment... Looking up availability.