Yale Institute of Sacred Music
Books; Videos, Slides, Films
New Haven, Conn. : Yale Institute of Sacred Music, 
- 163 pages : illustrations, music ; 23 cm + 1 videodisc (sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Presentations from weekly meetings of scholars, ministers, church musicians, performers, and artists.
- Editors: Bryan Spinks, Margot E. Fassler.
- "Autumn 2005."
- Accompanying DVD presents video excerpts from the presentations.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technology, creativity, and authority in ritual and art. Shooting rites / Ronald L. Grimes ; The concert hall that fell asleep and woke up as a car radio / Libby Larsen ; Stories of resurrection: traces of God in new community / Carol Wade ; The power of ritual: San Fernando Cathedral / Virgilio Elizondo ; Advent and Christmas at the farm / Grace Lee Billings ; Christian creativity in a post-Christian ethos / Quentin Faulkner ; Johann Sebastian Bach's Mass in B minor: the greatest artwork of all times and all people / Markus Rathey ; From resistance to jubilee: prophetic preaching and the testimony of love / John S. McClure ; The Trinitarian DNA of Christian worship: perennial themes in recent theological literature / John D. Witvliet -- Two views of ritual and inculturation. Singing with the faithful of every time and place: thoughts on liturgical inculturation and cross-cultural liturgy / C. Michael Hawn ; Contextualization versus globalization: a glimpse of sounds and symbols in Asian worship / I-to Loh -- Authors' perspectives. Reluctant partners: art and religion in dialogue / Ena Giurescu Heller ; City, temple, stage: exchatological architecture and liturgical theatrics in new Spain / Jaime Lara ; Beyond ritual: sacramental theology after Habermas / Siobhán Garrigan ; Psalms in community: Jewish and Christian textual, iturgical, and artistic traditions / Margot E. Fassler -- 2003-2004 student presentations [abstracts]
- Shortcut help message
- Highlight search box
- Close dialog
Available in search results
- Next page
- Previous page
- Toggle filters
- Open nth result on page